Private & Customized, Live and online!
We are happy to offer our private childbirth education session - a customized, online, interactive “live” (not pre-recorded) class, facilitated by Birth Partners founder and owner, Janet Padgett, a certified childbirth educator for almost 30 years and with the experience of attending more than 500 births herself as a birth doula.
Embracing our philosophy that with knowledge and support, couples can make the best and safest choices for themselves and their families, each session is comprehensive and may be scheduled on a weekday, weeknight, or weekend date, and is customized specifically for your needs and desires for birth, not on rigid “methods”. As a result, they are appropriate for those pursuing a VBAC, planning a medicated or unmedicated birth, or for those birthing at home, in a birth center, or in a hospital!
Each comprehensive class may include discussion of:
• The process of labor and evaluating its progress
• Timing your arrival at your birth place
• Coping with pain and fear of pain
• Overcoming cultural messages
• The emotional & physical aspects of labor, including the stages of labor
• Birth options and birth place protocols and procedures, specific to you
We will work with you to insure you have the information and knowledge you need to create the birth of your choice. Contact Janet directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule your private session!
Advanced Comfort Measures for Labor
A peaceful retreat for your mind, body and spirit as you prepare for the birth of your child. Each in-home, 90- minute session is customized to meet your individual needs and may include:
• Tension reduction and breathing exercises to manage pain and sustain energy
• Positions that facilitate comfort and progress during labor
• Practical techniques for body-awareness and muscle relaxation
• Suggestions and guidance for labor companion
• Massage techniques and use of birth ball
• Setting up your birth environment for maximum relaxation
Single sessions or packages available, for individuals or couples
Breastfeeding and Newborn Care Class
Techniques to keep baby calm and nursing well
Positioning for optimal feeding and a pain free latch
How to tell if baby is getting enough milk
Preventing and reducing breast engorgement
Techniques for successful pumping and storage
Normal sleep patterns and safety
Typical newborn feeding and elimination routines/patterns
Birth place procedures
Bathing, diapering, and baby wearing
Vaccines, including state laws, traditional and alternate schedules
Circumcision, umbilical cord, and placenta
Birth Partners services make the perfect gift for any new or expectant family! Family, friends, and co-workers will enjoy providing you with a gift that makes a real difference! Please go to our Gift Registry page for more information or to register.